Event and Meeting Inclusion Guide
1) Create a positive work/study place so people feel included within a team or as a group by promoting and fostering good relations amongst people without bias.
2) Create an environment which adapts to changing requirements - legal duty for reasonable adjustments - to eliminate exclusion experience.
3) In compliance with the Equality Act (2010); Public Sector Duty (2011); and key Diversity Awards, it is essential to create a system for inclusive engagement initiatives (events/meetings/seminars) so everyone has equality of opportunity to participate.
4) Create training materials that are accessible, do not reinforce stereotypes and that are both representative of and for a diverse range of people.
Action: select the following for examples of inclusion:
30 July 2020 note re Microsoft Teams accessibility:
- The Microsoft Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) technology service is built-into MS Teams, providing an option for text captions. To use live captions in a meeting, go to your meeting controls and select More options ... > Turn on live captions.
- MS Teams Accessibility support webpage
Download simplified version: Event and Meeting Inclusion Guide (PDF, 583 KB)
Recognition: In 2011/12 the guide was signposted as good practice by members of the ‘Fife Equality Participation Network’ (council, college, police and the NHS).