Definition of Race under the Equality Act (2010) by the EHRC:
- Refers to the protected characteristic of race. It refers to a group of people defined by their race, colour, and nationality (including citizenship) ethnic or national origins.
Latest Guidance & Awareness:
- EHRC online race survey for staff and students in higher education (open until 15 Feb 2019)
- Brief legislative and engagement good practice guidance document: Equality Briefing Race, Religion and Belief (PDF, 437 KB)
- BHM HE Careers external promotion webpage
- Centre for Minorities Research
- Cultural Groups
- ECU Improving the experiences of international staff in UK HE (Sep 2013) (PDF, 2,312 KB)
- External Race Equality News
- Fife Community Interpreting Service
- Leadership Foundation in HE Diversifying Leadership (BAME) programme
- University of St Andrews Profile on HE Careers webpage in Black History Month UK website
- Sign-posting to learning English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Staff BAME Network
On 5 Jun 2015 at an ED&I meeting incoming Students' Association Sabbaticals committed to Race Equality work on No Racism.