Trans, Gender Identity, Reassignment, or Non-Binary
- Policy and Guidance on Trans Staff and Students
- News webpage
- University LGBTIQ+ Staff Role Model Members webpage
- University LGBTIQ+ Staff Network
- University LGBTIQ+ Allies Members webpage
Gender Identity Research and Education Society (GIRES) module: In-depth specialist e-learning resource: www.gires.org.uk/e-learning/transgender-awareness-for-employers-service-providers
Transgender Support Groups around the World: https://transsupportgroups.com
ECU-2013-Supporting-Staff-Students-Transitioning (PDF, 595 KB)
Gender Identity/Reassignment and Non-Binary
A brief awareness paper on good practice and compliance for staff - Download:
- Equality Briefing on Gender Identity (PDF, 475 KB)
- A-Z of Key Trans Terminology in use in Scotland (PDF, 12 KB)
- Scottish-Trans-Non-Binary-leaflet (PDF, 434 KB)
- External Pronouns guide
UK Gov Guidance LGBT foreign travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-foreign-travel-advice
St Andrews LGBT Pride
Transgender Day of Rememberance
- Marks the culmination of Saints LGBT+ TRANSFEST, our second annual festival of gender identity. We will assemble in St Salvator's Quad for 6pm and there will be a torchlit procession down to the pier, where representatives from Saints LGBT+ and the Students' Association will read poems, prayers and benedictions, along with a list of those who have died in the last year due to violence against transpeople. This is a chance to show that the St Andrews community stands in solidarity with transgender people. Ceremonial dress is encouraged.
- Presenter: Saints LGBT+
- Open to all staff and students
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 6-7pm
- Venue: St Salvator's QuadContact: Ryan Hay email@example.com
St Andrews PRIDE - Saturday 7 April 2018 from 1pm
Open to: All staff, students and the public.
Fife's longest running PRIDE event is back and bigger than ever, with local and national business and charity partners, schools, community organisations and loads of student groups taking part. St Andrews PRIDE is a chance for the entire community to come together to show support for the LGBT+ community, supported by @univofstandrews @SaintsLGBT @standrewsunion #standrews #pride @LGBTYS @StonewallScot. The procession starts at 1pm from St Salvators Hall lawn and will be followed by a reception with live music, a bar and promotions from local business and charity partners from 2pm to 5pm in the Stage. Both are free and all are welcome.
For #LGBTHM17 the University will be facilitating the 'St Andrews Pride' through the centre of St Andrews town: Sat 11 Feb 2017, gathering at St Salvator's Quad at 11am, finishing at the Students' Union building by 2pm.
Sat 6 Feb 2016 - commencing from St. Salvator’s Quad at 12pm and begin to march at 12:30pm culminating at the Students Union (St Mary's Place), stalls from organisations in the Main Bar area from 1pm - download map: St Andrews Pride Parade 6 Feb 2016 (PDF, 745 KB)
Guide to the University of St Andrews Students' Association LGBT Society:
- Student Assoc Uni Guide to LGBT (PDF, 14,883 KB)
Stonewall Scotland Good Practice Programme:
Proud to be working in partnership with Stonewall Scotland through its membership of their programme, benefits of why we should complete those Monitoring Forms:
- Why Complete Monitoring Forms - Stonewall (PDF, 408 KB)
List of Events:
The University is delighted to host Jessica Lynn, president of Your True Gender and advocate for transgender education, for a one-off, out of term-time seminar. Jessica is the only biological parent in the USA to be removed from her child’s birth certificate due to her gender transition. Her seminar will cover her transition, her sex change, and the legal and ethical aspects of gender identity, as seen through her intersectional perspective.
- Venue: Lecture room 2, School of Management, Gateway building
- Date/time: Weds 7 June 2017, 2pm
- Audience: All University staff/students
'LGBT Meet and Greet' was held on 12 Sep 2012 in the SU, open to all staff and students providing a great opportunity to learn more about the LGBT community at the University, plus meeting the reps from 'LGBT Scotland', an organisation the University has been successfully working in partnership with for the 'LGBT Charter Mark'.
'LGBT Film Festival' was held on 13-17 April 2012 at the Byre Theatre organised by the University LGBT Society screening a medley of international LGBT films:
G-Fest programme (PDF, 1,618 KB)
'Queer Question Time' - Was held at the University to discuss issues affecting the LGBT community, on Friday, 17 February 2012, 8pm-10:30pm, organised by the LGBT Society: www.saintsLGBT.co.uk
'LGBT Members of Staff Coffee Evening' - Was held on Tuesday 29 November 2011, 7pm-9pm, organised by Dylan Lindo, LGBT Society President.