The University is proud to be an employer of staff across the spectrum of diversity working across different Schools and Units and one which attracts global and domestic student diversity.
Top five reasons why we collect diversity staff/student data
- Strategic Equality Outcomes to comply with the legal 'Public Sector Equality Duty' and funding requirements
- Highlighting positive or negative trends relevant to different diverse groupings
- Ascertaining the type of reasonable adjustments for inclusive environments
- Measuring effectiveness of institutional policies and practices
- Providing an annual analysis of a reflective workforce and student base with HESA guidance