Extensions for coursework/deadlines

If you need an extension you should contact the relevant person within the School, normally the tutor or module coordinator, but sometimes the Director of Teaching - your School secretary will know if you are in doubt!  It is really important that you let the School know of any problems you are having as soon as they occur.

You may be asked to come and see someone at Student Services (studentservices@st-andrews.ac.uk) before the extension will be granted.  This is really useful if you are experiencing a situation which may continue or worsen so that we can organise the appropriate action.  Extensions are granted at the Schools discretion so you will not automatically get one if you ask. You must have a very good reason as to why you have not finished the work in time.

Student Services can inform the School of any adverse situations affecting the student, but cannot request that a School grants an extension.