Skip navigation to content

Help with work, study skills, maths and language correction

If you are struggling with an aspect of your course, you may want to raise your concerns with your lecturer/tutor/module organiser in the relevant school. There are also a wide range of study support and study skills resources available to all students. CEED offer help on a wide range of study skills, study support issues and maths skills. They run several themed sessions throughout the year and also offer one-to-one appointments.

You can get someone to proof-read your assignments, but make sure you have a look at the policy on Language Correction (PDF, 416 KB).  It’s also a good idea to check out the rules on Academic Misconduct found within the Good Academic Practice (PDF, 990 KB) guide.  Please bear in mind that students who are registered with Student Services as having a disability or learning difficulty for which proof-reading or language correction is recommended are not required to acknowledge any assistance but may wish to do so.  If you believe you may be entitled to academic assistance, please see Academic and exam arrangements.  

The University doesn’t provide specific additional tuition. However, it’s worth speaking to your School or Student Services who may know of a PhD student who would be willing to provide extra tuition at your cost.  Students with a disability/learning difficulty may be entitled to additional tuition and this can be arranged via Student Services.

Ask a question



Advice and Support Centre
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2020


Student services

Eden Court
The Scores
St Andrews
KY16 9AS
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2720
Fax:+44 (0)1334 46 4007

Eden Court location map

Tell Us What You Think

We welcome feedback about your experience with Student Services. Whether your experience has been positive or negative we would like to hear about it so we can understand what we did right or where we could have done better. If there are issues with the service that need to be resolved or if you haven’t formed a good rapport with your Adviser/Counsellor we may put you in touch with an alternative member of our team or signpost you to an external source of support (if appropriate). Please share your feedback with Adam Welstead ( or Dr Penny Turnbull ( Assistant Directors of Student Services. Alternatively, you can fill in our Comments and Suggestions online survey.

Please also be aware that the University has Complaints Handling Procedure for formally addressing concerns.

  • Book an Appointment online