Skip navigation to content

Police and Personal Safety

A safe University is everyone's responsibility.  Contained within this site you will find suggestions about keeping yourself and your personal property safe. The information provided here will not only make your years in St Andrews safer but will also serve you in the years to come.

Should you require any information regarding police or personal safety matters, please do not hesitate to contact St Andrews Police Station on Pipeland Road, or phone (Non-emergency number - 101). You can find contact information for Police services online, including local Police Stations and online reporting forms.

For information on policing in St Andrews, you can look at the East Fife Police website.

Information on policing in other areas of Scotland can be found on the Your Community page of the Police Scotland website.

Online Reporting

You may report incidents to the police via an online reporting form, which can be found on the Police Scotland website.

Incidents that can be reported using this form include: 

  • Domestic Abuse
  • Hate crimes
  • Stalking 
  • Harrasment

In an emergency, you should call the emergency services by dialing 999.

Third Party Reporting

If you have been the victim of, or witness to, a Hate Crime, you may feel more comfortable reporting this through a Third Party Reporting Centre.

You can find your local Hate Crime Third Party Reporting Centre on the Police Scotland website.

Ask a question



Advice and Support Centre
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2020


Student services

Eden Court
The Scores
St Andrews
KY16 9AS
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 46 2720
Fax:+44 (0)1334 46 4007

Eden Court location map

Tell Us What You Think

We welcome feedback about your experience with Student Services. Whether your experience has been positive or negative we would like to hear about it so we can understand what we did right or where we could have done better. If there are issues with the service that need to be resolved or if you haven’t formed a good rapport with your Adviser/Counsellor we may put you in touch with an alternative member of our team or signpost you to an external source of support (if appropriate). Please share your feedback with Adam Welstead ( or Dr Penny Turnbull ( Assistant Directors of Student Services. Alternatively, you can fill in our Comments and Suggestions online survey.

Please also be aware that the University has Complaints Handling Procedure for formally addressing concerns.

  • Book an Appointment online
  • External links