Student Services provides a comprehensive welfare and support service for all matriculated students. This includes:
- Emotional support, wellbeing promotion, counselling and mental health coordination within a Matched Care model.
- Immigration, disability, finance, and academic advice.
- Advice and Support Centre (the ASC)
- Pastoral support in halls of residence through the Warden Service.
The unit offers a wide range of services to students. We aim to provide sector-leading services, tailored to meet the requirements of the University and flexible enough to respond to changing circumstances. The highly trained staff have knowledge of the wider University as well as experience of legislation and local external networks. Student Services Staff are committed to the vision of working together to help the students have a great University experience.
The unit employs over 45 members of professional, support and clerical staff and 51 part-time members of staff in the residences. The unit also employs over 50 personal helpers for students and a strong cohort of student volunteers.
The University of St Andrews Student Services has the following accreditations:
- Accreditation Programme for Psychological Therapies Services (APPTS)
- The British Psychological Society
- Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Student Services is managed by Dr Lara Meischke (Director) and Dr Penny Turnbull, Jo McCulloch, Ellen Macintosh, David McGlashan, and Dr Fiona Whelan (Assistant
General enquiriesEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 2720