Training for new PGR supervisors
All supervisors of PGR students are required to attend either training for new PGR supervisors or refresher training at least once every five years (or more frequently if required to do so by funding bodies).
The Policy on Supervision of Postgraduate Research Students lays out the roles and expectations for students and staff for the supervision of postgraduate research students. You should read the policy in full before supervising for the first time.
- Access to the mandatory Moodle training resources for new PGR supervisors https://moody.st-andrews.ac.uk/moodle/course/view.php?id=9555
- For Refresher training, please visit to complete your refreshers video vignettes
- To book on the training for new PGR supervisors course – Contact OSDScourses@st-andrews.ac.uk
- PGR team (student records, matriculation, thesis submission): email@example.com
- PGR Student Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic changes PGR: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/pgstudents/academic/advice/changes-pg/
- Visa questions: email@example.com