The information on these pages is for all students at the University and should be read alongside your School's handbook.
Assessment, exam and award
Processes, procedures and regulations for assessments, exams, and outcome of degree awards.
- Classification of PG taught degrees
- Classification of undergraduate degrees
- Common reporting scale (20-point)
- Coursework penalties
- Degree regulations
- Feedback on assessed work
- Final module in a PGT programme
- Good academic practice
- Language correction
- Marking scales and descriptors
- Reassessment of PGT modules
Advice and support
Advice and support available to all students. Any concerns not listed, contact your School Wellbeing Officer or Student Services.
This is additional information relevant only for postgraduate research students.
- Assessment of PGR students
- Fieldwork for PGR students
- Length of study and annual leave for PGR students
- Parental leave for PGR students
- PGR students who teach
- Progress reviews and termination of studies
- Printing and binding
- Registration and induction
- Research skills training
- Supervision of PGR students
Information on the academic choices that are available to students.
Academic adjustments are available to students who are experiencing circumstances that affect their studies.
Awards and opportunities
The following awards and opportunities are available to students at the University.
University regulations that might be useful in some circumstances.
Changes in circumstances
Information for students who have/require to change their academic study arrangements due to circumstances affecting their studies.
Key dates and information
Useful dates and information students can refer to throughout the academic year.