Skip navigation to content

In crisis now?

If you or the person you are concerned about is in immediate danger, call:

999 – emergency services If you are in Hall of Residence call 9-999 and also alert the Wardennial Team (evenings/weekends) or the Residential Services Manager (daytime during the week).

+44 (0)1334 462020 – The ASC (Advice and Support Centre) during office hours

+44 (0)1334 468999 University's Security and Response Team (available 24/7)

If you are seriously unwell and need to speak to someone outside your GP surgery opening times, please call NHS24 by dialling 111 [please note from any landline in the University you must dial 1045, this then will connect straight to 111].

If you are having thoughts of harming yourself or ending your life but do not feel you are at immediate risk:

  • You can come to Student Services to talk to one of our Advisers, Counsellors or Mental Health Co-ordinators.  You can drop in to make an appointment either at The ASC at 79 North Street, or our offices at Eden Court on The Scores.  

Phone: 01334 462020


Book an appointment with a Wellbeing Adviser via our Online Booking System

You can contact your GP:  Pipeland Medical Centre          01334 476840

                                       Blackfriars Medical Practice     01334 477477


Outside of normal office hours contact:



You may find these books helpful:-

Coping in crisis


Healing the hurt within

Overcoming depression and low mood

(Please note:- Whilst Student Services has obtained permission to provide these links, we cannot accept responsibility for their content.)


Breathing Space




Advice and Support Centre
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: 01334 462020
Fax:01334 461716


Student services

Eden Court
The Scores
St Andrews
KY16 9AS
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: 01334 462720
Fax:01334 464007

Encountered any difficulties?

Not the right match?  If you haven’t formed a good rapport with your Adviser or you’ve encountered any difficulties and wish to speak informally to someone, please contact Ellen Mackintosh ( or Dr Penny Turnbull ( Assistant Directors of Student Services, in the first instance.

Please also be aware that the University has Complaints Handling Procedure for formally addressing concerns.


Eden Court location map

  • Book an Appointment online