Technician Commitment Initiative
Career Development Theme – Action 3
For staff in Technical Roles
Funding maximum per academic year £400
Description of Funding
You can apply for part-funding to attend professional development events related to your role. For example, this may be a conference relevant to the work you do or a short technical course of the kind that OSDS doesn’t offer in-house. This funding is provided as part of the TCI Action Plan - Updated April 2019 (Excel, 17 KB).
By submitting a completed funding application to OSDS, you are entering into an agreement confirming that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the conditions and procedures outlined on this page. This includes the completion and submission of a Final Report to OSDS. Funds will be awarded ‘in principle’ and will not be released until the report has been received.
OSDS funding application guidelines
- OSDS must receive applications at least five working days prior to the start of the event for which funding is requested. Note that we are unable to allocate funds retrospectively.
- In the first instance all costs should be paid by either yourself or the School.
- No funding is released until after the event and the receipt of the final report.
- Costs for travel & accommodation may be estimated if necessary; however OSDS will pay actual costs no greater than a total of £400.
- All claims must be completed by 31st July of the current academic year
- Applications for support are considered on a case by case basis, as they are received.
- The fund will be available until the current year's allocation has been expended. There is no guarantee that you will receive the full amount applied for.
- No individual may claim more than £400 in a given academic year.
- Applications will usually be processed within 48 hours of receipt; you will receive an email with the outcome and, if approved, instructions on claiming your award.
- The applicant must make all purchases up front, and keep all receipts (eg travel, registration fees).
- Original receipts are required in order to claim the funds awarded.
- Limits to allocations: No more than two applications per School/Unit for the same event.
How to apply
- Complete and submit the online application form
- You must get your supervisor/Head of School/line manager, as appropriate to authorise your application
All recipients are required to submit an OSDS funding report template (Word, 36 KB) to OSDS and your authoriser in conjunction with a completed claim form and all relevant receipts.
Travel purchase options
- DP&L (University's preferred agent)
- Independent agent OR self-book online
If you have any queries, please contact the OSDS Office: (01334) 467198 / email@example.com