Associate Provost Education
Associate Provost Education is responsible for taught postgraduate learning and teaching matters.
- Overseeing postgraduate curriculum design and approval across the Faculties.
- Convenor of University-Led Reviews of Learning and Teaching for collaborative postgraduate programmes.
- Support for collaborative postgraduate activities, including doctoral training schemes, the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH), and the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- Overseeing the training and development of PGR supervisors, in collaboration with CEED.
- Advice on policy or regulatory development on all postgraduate matters.
- Working with the Provost and Admissions team to facilitate recruitment of postgraduates.
Dr Jacqueline Rose
The current Associate Dean Curriculum for the Faculty of Science is Dr V Anne Smith.
Jacqueline studied and worked at Cambridge before moving to St Andrews in 2011. Her main area of research is early modern British political, religious, and intellectual history, and she is currently working on a study of ideas about political counsel and monarchy, set in a longer context of political advice through time.
She has previously served as Chair of the Modern History Degree Committee and as Director of Postgraduate Research in History, and led the History Discipline+ Catalyst within the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities.