Associate Dean, Education (Science)
The Associate Dean acts with full authority on behalf of the Assistant Vice Principal Dean of Learning and Teaching.
- Head of Academic Programmes within CEED.
- Convener of the St Andrews Learning and Teaching Initiative (SALTI).
- Coordination of the University’s upskilling activities.
- Contributing to student progression reviews and the resolution of appeals.
- Monitoring of activities relevant to Professional, Regulatory and Statutory Bodies (PSRBs).
- Approval of module results and Study Abroad grade conversions.
- Representing the Assistant Vice-Principal (Dean of Learning and Teaching) on academic appointment panels.
- Academic leadership of the Laidlaw programme in collaboration with the Associate Dean Education (Arts and Divinity).
- Responding to issues raised by External Examiners.
- Fostering expertise in Learning and Teaching among academic colleagues.
- In consultation with the Proctor's Office, leading academic open fora and dissemination events.
- Academic monitoring and approvals.
- Policy development and review.
Dr Gerald Prescott
The current Associate Dean of Education (Science) is Dr Gerald Prescott.
Gerald is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Biology. He is a Cell Biologist and his pedagogic interests centre around the learning and teaching approaches that enable degree programmes to keep pace with the dynamic rate of change seen within current scientific research.
He sits on the steering group of the Scottish Teaching Biology in HE network and the Higher Education Institutional Research (HEIR) network and is a representative to the Russell Group STEM network.