Staff need to complete the online information security training within a month of their start date. IT Services are also provide in-person and online sessions for staff on request.
Information security training
This training is for all University employees. It highlights current threats and how you can protect yourself and the University.
- Log in to Moodle to view the course page
- Select 'Enrol me'
- Select 'Information Security Essentials'
- Select 'Enter'
The pass rate is 80%. You'll be able to access the course materials if you need them in future by returning to the course page.
Sessions you can request
- Common phishing emails and how to spot them
- In-person 'phish vs. real' quiz
- Webinar style 'phish vs. real' quiz
- How multi-factor authentication keeps your account secure
- What measures St Andrews has in place to keep your data safe
- Password best practices
You can also request a tailored session if there is a particular topic you'd like the IT Security team to go through.