Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations) and Senior Vice-Principal
Responsibilities of the Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations) include:
- oversight and development of the University's international strategy in the post-Brexit era
- development and management of practices and policies related to strategic relationships national and international
- relations with government ministers, policy-makers and higher education sector bodies as well as other universities in order to raise the University's profile and impact in the sector
- managerial responsibility for the Development Office, the Admissions unit and the Career Centre
- managerial responsibility for the English Language Teaching unit.
Professor Brad MacKay
The current Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations) and Senior Vice-Principal is Brad MacKay. He has held this role since 2017.
Brad MacKay is Professor of Strategy in the University of St Andrews School of Management.
Formerly, he held a Chair in Strategic Management at the University of Edinburgh Business School, where he was also:
- Director of Engagement on the Executive Team (2014 to 2016)
- Head of the Strategy and International Business Department (2011 to 2014)
- Director of the MBA programs (2009 to 2011).
Professor MacKay also held an ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) Senior Fellowship in the Future of the UK and Scotland program (2013 to 2014).
He earned a BA in International Development Studies from Dalhousie University, in Halifax, Canada, an MLitt (with Distinction) in Management, Economics and Politics (MEP) and a PhD in Strategy from the University of St Andrews, Scotland.
He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).