Skip navigation to content


Prescription medication

To receive medication prescribed by a doctor or other professional medical practitioner go to the chemist (pharmacy) who will give you the medication on receipt of the prescription. There are three prescription dispensing chemists in St Andrews:

There is no charge for NHS prescriptions in Scotland. 

If you have been prescribed medication from a Doctor in another country, you may be unable to get this in the UK. We would recommend that you contact a Disability Adviser  or the ASC for more advice.  They will help by liaising with the local doctors to ensure your medication can be easily continued when you arrive here, or if necessary they can put you directly in touch with an allocated adviser from the local doctors. 

You can bring in a limited supply of medication with you when you enter the UK, please see UKVI for further advice. It is illegal to have prescription drugs mailed to you in the UK from any country.

Travel medication

In the event of requiring a vaccination, each Doctor’s practice at the St Andrews Community Hospital run ‘Travel Clinics’ where you can get the appropriate vaccinations for the country you are travelling to. Find their contact details on this page .

You can find more information on Travel health and vaccinations here.



(Advice and Support Centre)
79 North Street
St Andrews
KY16 9AL
Scotland, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1334 (46)2020