Access a dentist

Updated on: 10 August 2023

Learn how to access dental treatment

St Andrews has both National Health Service (NHS) and private dentists.

Some local dentists will have waiting lists and you may wish to stay registered with your home dentist.

The NHS web pages explain how to find an NHS dentist in your area, dental charges, and what to do if you need emergency dental treatment.

If you want to register with a private dentist, check online for what is available in your area. You can then go to the practice in person, email or phone to discuss options.  

If you need an urgent appointment, especially if you are in pain, you should contact the Fife Dental Advice Line. You can also contact the Dundee Dental Hospital. After 4.30pm or at the weekend, please contact NHS 24 by dialling 111.

If you need help, contact the Student Health Hub: 


Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 5777

The University is not liable for external web content. Linking to a third-party website does not imply endorsement.

Guide category

Student support