The Finance unit provides a professional financial advice and support service to students, staff and external stakeholders with the aim of ensuring effective financial management of the University’s assets and the financial sustainability of the institution.
The Finance unit achieves this by:
- supporting staff with planning, monitoring and controlling financial performance
- assisting students with financial advice and support
- facilitating growth in research income and recovering full economic cost on research grants
- providing effective tax planning and advice in line with the University’s tax strategy
- ensuring that there are efficient and effective financial systems and procedures in place
- preparing all statutory financial returns including the year-end financial statements
- managing staff corporate credit cards
- efficiently and effectively processing all sales and purchase invoices
- overseeing all cash and banking.
University of St Andrews
The Old Burgh School
Current staff and students can find contact information for Finance teams on the Finance web pages.