Postgraduate fees and funding

In this section, you will find specific information on the various fees for which you may be liable as a postgraduate student at the University of St Andrews, including tuition fees, as well as the various funding options that may be available to you.

In addition to tuition fees, you will also be expected to cover the cost of your own accommodation and subsistence, including food, travel and laundry. You should also set aside an allowance for books, equipment, field trips, and other fees. A guide to the cost of living at St Andrews can be found on the postgraduate cost of attendance page.

You may also be asked to pay the General Council and Graduation Fee or Completion Fee at the beginning of your studies.

Although the offer of a university place to undertake postgraduate study or research does not carry with it a guarantee of financial support, the University of St Andrews offers a number of postgraduate scholarships each year, and there may also be other funding options available.

Taught postgraduate

Tuition fees for taught postgraduate programmes can vary according to subject, and your fees will also depend on your fee status. Make sure you know what your tuition fees will be in the upcoming academic year.

Various scholarships are offered to students from all around the world. Read more about which scholarships are available to students on taught postgraduate programmes, and other funding options.

Postgraduate loans are available for Masters programmes and vary according to country of domicile.

Research postgraduate

If you are planning to study a postgraduate research programme at St Andrews, your tuition fees will depend on subject area and your fee status. Make sure you know what your tuition fees will be in the upcoming academic year.

There are a number of scholarships and funding streams available for PhD and postgraduate research students. Find out more about the scholarships you may be eligible for.

Loans for Doctoral study are available and depend on country of residence.