Looking after yourself

Minor health issues

If you have a minor health issue, why don't you:

  • Consult the list of people you might want to turn to for advice - the list will be on your residential room pinboard.
  • Check the NHS Inform Symptom and Self Help Guide on how to self treat your symptoms.
  • Call the Student Health Hub - 01334 465777 or email studenthealth@st-andrews.ac.uk
  • Call the ASC - the University's one-stop-shop for student advice on North Street.
  • If it is a mental health issue, the ASC will help you make an appointment to talk with someone at Student Services.
  • Talk to a pharmacist at either Boots the Chemist on Market Street, Lloyds pharmacy at St Andrews Community Hospital or the pharmacy at Morrisons.  The pharmacist can be very helpful in giving advice regarding:
    • skin complaints
    • emergency contraception
    • treatment of UTI's
    • red eye
    • coughs and colds etc.  
  • Certain medication can be bought over the counter without a Doctor's prescription.