IT Services is responsible for providing, developing and maintaining the University’s central IT infrastructure which includes:
- the campus data network, telephone system, external network connections and data centres
- a general-purpose computing service for the students and staff of the University
- corporate information systems for the administrative units
- specialist advice and support for academic and administrative computing
IT Services offers comprehensive computer, telephone and AV services to all students and staff at the University of St Andrews and also manages reports of hardware faults and requests for advice on the use of computing service systems via our IT service desk team.
The Unit aims to provide a contemporary and integrated technological environment, which sustains and strengthens the University's ability to deliver its strategic objectives, facilitating collaboration, world-class teaching and research, and efficient business processes. We want to deliver an environment which will support students, researchers and academics by providing an empowering platform and functionality for knowledge creation and exchange.
IT Services is headed up by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and has approximately 90 staff.
Our areas of focus are:
- Service Delivery, responsible for the University's IT service desk, desktop support and development, telephony services, AV support, campus card services, and business relationship management.
- Applications, Infrastructure and Software Development, which manages, supports and develops the hardware and software infrastructure, including the University network. It also provides in-house application development and integration services in support of transformational projects across the University.
- CIO's office, which includes the Business Transformation Portfolio Office, IT Security and ICT Resources.
General enquiriesEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 3333
Butts Wynd Building, Butts Wynd, St Andrews, KY16 9AL