IT Services is responsible for providing computer, telephone and AV services to students and staff at the University of St Andrews. The IT service desk provides advice and assists with technical issues which are reported.
The Unit provisions and maintains the University’s central IT infrastructure. This includes:
- IT facilities such as staff desktops, classroom PCs, printing devices and teaching software;
- Eduroam Wi-Fi, staff desk phones and mobiles, external network connections and data centres;
- Corporate systems for Schools and Units, such as the student record system;
- Specialist advice and support for academic, administrative and research computing.
IT Services is led by Steve Watt, Chief Information Officer (CIO) and has approximately 90 staff.
IT Services areas of focus are:
- Service Delivery, comprised of the University's IT service desk, desktop support, telephone services, AV support, campus card services, and business relationship management.
- Enterprise Applications and Development, providing in-house application development and integration services to support University projects.
- Infrastructure, which manages, supports and develops the hardware and software infrastructure, including the University network.
- CIO's office, which includes IT Security, ICT Resources and Data Technology.
General enquiriesEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 3333
Butts Wynd Building