IT Services is responsible for providing, developing and maintaining the University’s central IT infrastructure which includes:
- the campus data network, telephone system, external network connections and data centres
- a general-purpose computing service for the students and staff of the University
- corporate information systems for the administrative units
- specialist advice and support for academic, administrative and research computing.
IT Services offers comprehensive computer, telephone and AV services to all students and staff at the University of St Andrews. The IT service desk provides advice on the use of computing service systems and assists with technical issues which are reported.
IT Services is headed up by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and has approximately 90 staff.
IT Services areas of focus are:
- Service Delivery, responsible for the University's IT service desk, desktop support and development, telephony services, AV support, campus card services, and business relationship management.
- Applications, Infrastructure and Software Development, which manages, supports and develops the hardware and software infrastructure, including the University network. It also provides in-house application development and integration services in support of transformational projects across the University.
- CIO's office, which includes the Business Transformation Portfolio Office, IT Security and ICT Resources.
General enquiriesEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 3333
Butts Wynd Building