Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Letters (MLitt)
- Start date: 5 September 2022
- End date: 30 September 2023
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time or two years part time
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
31 January 2022 for those also applying for School of English scholarships; 31 May 2022 for all other applicants. However, those not applying for scholarships are still encouraged to apply as early as possible for international visa purposes.
- Supplementary application to School of English (Word)
- CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date
- sample of your own, single-authored academic writing relevant to Medieval English (approximately 2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.