Laura started part-time with Student Services at the end of 2019. She is a fully qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist achieving her diploma in 2017. As a CBT therapist, she aims to offer you space and support to explore issues that are affecting you and jointly work towards improving your understanding, coping strategies and facilitating change.
In life, many of us put others’ needs before our own and therefore neglect ourselves. By deciding to come for therapy you are caring for and recognising the importance of your own needs and giving yourself time for ‘you’.
My qualifications include:
- BSc (Hons) Food Nutrition and Health
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- SCOTACS Diploma in Counselling and Group-work
- ILM qualification in Leadership and Management
- SMART Recovery Facilitator training
- CBASP CPD training.
Laura is a ‘counsellor member’ of COSCA and a registered member of the BABCP currently working towards her accreditation. As well working within Student Services here at St Andrews, Laura has worked for a mental health and wellbeing charity in Perth and Kinross for the past 10 years. She also has a private therapy practice.