What is Records Management?
Records Management is the field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, retention and disposal of records.
What are Records?
Records are defined as all those sets of information, which facilitate the business carried out by the University and which are thereafter retained (for a set period) to provide evidence of its transactions or activities. These records may be created, received, or maintained in all types of recording media including hard copy and electronic. Some will be identified for permanent preservation in the University's archive.
What are the advantages of Records Management?
Good Records Management leads to:
- Improved control of valuable information resources
- Improved management and availability of information
- Better use of physical and server space
- Better use of staff time
- Compliance with legislation and standards
- Reduced costs
- Reduced duplication and less waste
Where do I go for help?
Muniments and Archives: