Postgraduate taught courses in International Relations
The School offers eight taught postgraduate programmes:
- MLitt in International Political Theory
- MLitt in International Security Studies
- MLitt in Middle East and Central Asian Security Studies
- MLitt in Strategic Studies
- MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence
- MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence (distance learning)
- MLitt in Peacebuilding and Mediation (one-year programme)
- MPhil in Peacebuilding and Mediation (two-year programme)
All of these programmes involve taught modules over the academic year and a final 15,000-word dissertation. The Postgraduate Diploma involves only the taught components.
Students starting MLitt studies can discuss the possibility of transferring to an MPhil. This will be dependent upon achieving certain requirements relating to MLitt performance, and requires support from the Adviser of Studies and permission from the Head of School.
This discussion should take place after results from Semester 1 are made available. Students transferring to an MPhil will take the IR5601 Research Methods in International Relations module in first semester of their second year.