Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Letters (MLitt)
- Start date: 9 September 2019
- End date: 30 September 2020
If you started this programme in 2018, you can find information about 2018 entry on the 2018 Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asian Security Studies page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
A strong 2.1 Honours degree. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £10,880
30 April 2019. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date
- personal statement indicating your knowledge of the programme and how it will benefit you (500 words)
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.