Room booking request for student society meetings and events
This form is for students and student societies booking rooms for meetings/events on weekdays after 6pm or at weekends.
For events on weekdays, before 6pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For large-scale events, email email@example.com.
If your event is on a weekday, you must book three days before the event.
Affiliated society bookings
Non-affiliated societies must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules applicable to all University room bookings
- Only bottled water is allowed is most teaching rooms.
- All food, drink and alcohol must be provided by University catering.
- Everyone must leave the room by 9.30pm.
- One society cannot request a booking for another society.
- You cannot sell tickets or charge an entrance fee (except for Buchanan Theatre where you may sell tickets in advance).
- A £25 fee per hour applies after 9.30pm on weekdays, and all day at weekends, for out of hours room cleaning and security services. Weekends require a minimum of four hours.
- Out of hours cleaning and security services payments must be made within 72 hours of booking. Events will be cancelled if payment is delayed.
Student Union Rooms
Rooms with audio visual equipment
- Meeting room, for up to 18 people
- Committee room, for up to 24 people
- Large rehearsal room, for up to 100 people
Rooms without audio visual equipment
Rooms for up to four people
- Meeting pod A
- Meeting pod B
Rooms for up to eight people
- Society room B
Rooms for up to ten people
- Society room A
- Society room C
Rooms for up to 16 people
- Society room D
Rooms for up to 50 people
- Rehearsal room
For questions about Student Union rooms, email email@example.com.
For audio visual requirements, call +44 (0)1334 46 3674, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change your booking
To change an existing booking, email email@example.com with the details on your booking confirmation:
- your KX reference number
- the date of your event
- the name of the room you booked.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, to contact the Accommodation, Conferences and Events team.