Various holiday accommodation options are available from the University of St Andrews.
Things to do
St Andrews is positioned in a spectacular location. On one side it has the wooded hills of the Fife countryside, but to the north and east it looks out over a rocky headland to the dramatic waters of the North Sea.
For more than a thousand years, the town of St Andrews has been a focal point for bishops and kings, saints and martyrs, students and holidaymakers – not to mention the greatest golfers in the world.
Whenever you walk in St Andrews, you are reminded of its colourful and rich history. Add in the bars, restaurants, historic ruins, beautiful beaches and world-famous golf courses, and you have a destination that is truly unique.
- East Sands leisure centre
- Craigtoun Country Park
- New Picture House
- Scotscraig Golf Club - promotion: call +44 (0)1382 55 0000 and quote “SCOTSCRAIG” for 20% off your green fee.
- St Andrews Botanic Garden
- St Andrews Cathedral
- St Andrews Castle
- St Andrews Links
- The R&A
- The British Golf Museum
For more information, see Visit St Andrews.
Golf in St Andrews
The University's great-value holiday accommodation provides a convenient place to stay and the opportunity to explore the local golf courses in and around St Andrews. Local golf courses around St Andrews include:
- St Andrews, Castle Course
- St Andrews, Duke’s Course
- St Andrews, Eden Course
- St Andrews Links, Jubilee Course
- St Andrews Links, New Course
- St Andrews Links, Old Course
- Fairmont St Andrews, Torrance Course
- Kingsbarns Golf Links
- Scotscraig Golf Club - promotion: call +44 (0)1382 55 0000 and quote “SCOTSCRAIG” for 20% off your green fee
- Carnoustie Golf Links, Championship Course.