The Legal Unit is responsible for advising the Principal, other senior management and staff on all legal matters, to ensure that the University’s legal responsibilities are being properly and effectively managed and discharged.
Core functions include:
- overseeing the University’s litigation and compliance with internal and external regulations and laws
- handling trademark protection at the institutional level
- liaising with colleagues on risk management and corporate governance
- managing external legal advisers and other suppliers and managing legal fees
- advising professional services units on all aspects of contractual arrangements with third parties.
The Legal Unit is headed by the Chief Legal Officer, Roy Drummond.