The Global Office is responsible for managing strategic, multi-dimensional partnerships; providing co-ordinated support for key Global activities which are cross-institution and which enhance student experience, academic reputation and research connectivity internationally; and supporting the alignment of Global services to ensure a consistent approach and a seamless service for academics, students and external stakeholders.
The Global Office manages and supports a wide range of international activities, including:
- Study Abroad and collaborative programmes
- Global PhDs
- Global Fellowship Scheme
- International network and association memberships - e.g. Europaeum, UArctic, Talloires Network of Engaged Universities
- Student cohort experience - e.g. BA (International Honours); Sanctuary Scholars; Global PhDs; China Scholarship Council
- Partnership development that supports academic strategy
- International travel support
- University of Sanctuary status co-ordination
The Global Office also manages the business of the University’s International Committee and takes forward projects and initiatives identified by the Committee in support of the University of St Andrews Strategy 2018-2023.
The Global Office is managed by Samantha Lister (Director), email@example.com.