Estates is a key support unit providing a range of functional activities that will help the University achieve its corporate objectives. It is an integrated centre of excellence responsible for implementing decisions related to the buildings, fabric and infrastructure of the University. It provides specialist advice to the University on strategic estates issues as well as its statutory obligations.
The comprehensive service provided includes:
- Estate strategy and planning
- Professional and technical services with a particular focus on compliance issues including health and safety, asbestos management, water safety
- Delivery of the capital investment plan
- Maintenance and operation of the estate including planned and reactive works
- Building management systems
- Forward planning including life-cycle replacement
- Janitorial, security, cleaning and mail services
- Sustainability including energy, the environment and waste management
- Helpdesk and administrative support.
Estates is managed by Mark Simpson (Director), Simon Watkins (Director of Operations) and Helen Mackie (Assistant Director Facilities Management).
General enquiriesEmail: email@example.com
Phone: 01334 46 3999
University of St Andrews