The University of St Andrews guarantees an offer of accommodation to all UK, EU and overseas first year undergraduate students, provided all the following conditions are met:
- You are coming to the University alone.
- You are studying for the full academic session (incoming study abroad students may still apply even if they are only studying for one semester).
- You are studying full time.
- Your accommodation application is received by 30 June in the year of entry. Applications can be submitted once you have accepted an offer to study whether this is conditional, unconditional or an insurance place.
- You have met all the offer conditions and accepted your unconditional offer of place from the University or UCAS by 31 August in the year of entry.
- You have accepted your offer of accommodation within ten days of the offer being sent to your email address.
In years of exceptionally high demand, students who live within a reasonable commuting distance will not be offered accommodation until a room becomes available. This may be after the start of the semester.
While a limited amount of accommodation is available to returning undergraduate students, you are not guaranteed a place within University accommodation after your first year.
If you are not covered by the guarantee, you are still welcome to apply in the usual way, and the University will try to accommodate you.