Skip navigation to content

Financial help for students with children or dependants

Students may receive extra assistance in the form of grants if they have children, particularly lone parents and those who have to pay for childcare costs.

If you have childcare costs you may be eligible for Childcare or Discretionary Funds if you are a UK student.

Tax credits

Please ensure that you are claiming the correct amount of tax credits - remember even if you do not work you are entitled to claim child tax credits if you have dependant children and are an UK student.

For further information please contact Money Adviser, Student Services by E: or T: 01334 462720.