St Andrews Vocal Pedagogy Course
20 - 26 August 2023
Residential and non-residential attendance for this course has now formally closed. It MIGHT still be possible to attend as a non-resident option and accommodation MIGHT be available upon enquiry and confirmation with the accommodation provider prior to booking. Please contact Jonathan May firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire further.
Course participants are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with the work of the Faculty by reading the following:
- W Stephen Smith - The Naked Voice
- Kenneth Bozeman - Practical Vocal Acoustics and Kinaesthetic Voice Pedagogy
- Heidi Moss Erickson - Articles downloadable at www.heidimosserickson.com/writings
The inaugural St Andrews Vocal Pedagogy Course seeks to attract experienced classical voice teachers interested in up-to-date pedagogical practice who are keen to learn new skills and ways of teaching.
St Andrews Vocal Pedagogy Course offers you:
- Daily presentations by our world-class faculty
- A one-to-one professional development session with a member of our faculty
- Guest lectures
- An open forum "ask me anything" session with our tutors
- public performance opportunity for participants
- Course accompanist in residence
- Immersive, supportive and friendly environment to share common interests and challenges
If course members wish to be practically involved in demonstrations as subjects, that may be possible. Please indicate your willingness to participate on the application form.
Course participants will enjoy comfortable dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation at Agnes Blackadder Hall, a modern residence commended by the Scottish Tourist Board. It is situated 15 minutes' walk from the town. Each room contains a double bed, television, tea and coffee making facilities plus en-suite bathroom with shower, wash-hand basin and toilet.
Double and single occupancy options are available, as well as non-residential. Please see information by following the payment link.
Please see below links for the online application form, PDF of brochure and the online payment:-