Postgraduate funding

The following organisations may be able to offer funding for MLitt or PhD students. The list is not exhaustive, and overseas students should always consider their own government's funding body.

If you are an overseas applicant, you should check your own government’s Education Department to see whether they offer or promote any funding schemes for postgraduate study in the UK. Examples of such schemes include loans for US postgraduate students and SSHRC awards in Canada.

Fee discounts or awards

The University offers a 10% discount in postgraduate research tuition fees to certain groups of former students starting a postgraduate research programme. View eligibility and how to apply.

The University offers means-tested accommodation awards to research postgraduate students.