The following organisations may be able to offer funding for MLitt or PhD students. The list is not exhaustive, and overseas students should always consider their own government's funding body.
- British Federation of Women Graduates - for women in the final year of their PhD
- British School at Athens
- Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund - for Canadian citizens who are research students
- Carnegie Trust Scholarships for doctoral students with a first class degree from a Scottish university
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Leventis Foundation
- Ransome Scholarships for US, Canadian or Mexican nationals accepted for a one-year Masters programme
If you are an overseas applicant, you should check your own government’s Education Department to see whether they offer or promote any funding schemes for postgraduate study in the UK. Examples of such schemes include loans for US postgraduate students and SSHRC awards in Canada.
Fee discounts or awards
St Andrews graduates who have graduated during the last three years are eligible for a recent graduate discount which offers a 10% discount on tuition fees.
The University offers means-tested accommodation awards to postgraduate students.