Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 6 September 2021
- End date: 30 September 2022
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
Applications are welcomed from all education systems. A good 2.1 Honours degree or 3.3/4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is typically required in any discipline. The School also consider applications from students who can provide significant professional or other relevant experience alongside evidence of prior alternative learning such as professional qualifications or certifications. If you require further information about our academic entrance requirements in relation to the education system you studied in, please contact email@example.com
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Some students may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL) based on their previous studies, such as DELTA. The International Education Institute considers applications for RPL on a case by case basis in line with the University's recognition of prior learning policy. To confirm the exact amount of credit you could be awarded, please forward your relevant transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For direct entry to an MSc TESOL programme, you will need an overall score in IELTS (Academic) of 6.5, with a minimum subscore of 6.0 or the equivalent. Students with a lower score may be eligible for a pre-sessional course. For alternative forms of evidence, see English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the personal statement, and supporting documents.
Wednesday 11 August 2021. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV, this should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment (paid or voluntary) to date
- personal statement, see personal statement guidance for TESOL courses (PDF)
- two original signed references (at least one of which must be academic)
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language). If you have not yet taken an English language test, this can be submitted at a later date. Any offer of a place would then be conditional on attaining evidence of your English language competence.
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.