Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 9 September 2019
- End date: 30 September 2020
If you started this programme in 2018, you can find information about 2018 entry on the 2018 Economics MSc page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
A 2.1 degree classification from a recognised UK university in Economics or a 2.1 joint Honours in Economics and another subject that includes substantial training in mathematics, statistics, microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £9,000
Monday 12 August 2019. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date.
- either a detailed personal statement including a list of current modules being undertaken (1,000 words) or a sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.