Supporting learning in TESOL - Three-day intensive course
The TESOL course introduces students to the principles of teaching English to speakers of other languages, as well as key practical tools and strategies used in the classroom to support student learning.
This course is designed for:
- University of St Andrews students who plan to take an integrated year abroad as part of their studies, and who will be working as language assistants overseas.
- Students or members of the public who are interested in learning more about TESOL as a career path, and/or who are considering taking a postgraduate qualification in TESOL.
- Those working in schools who would like some grounding in pedagogical principles to support students with English as an additional language.
Students on this course will learn how to:
- support the learning of young learners and adults
- utilise key practical tools and strategies to teach English as an additional language
- teach speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- prepare lesson plans and materials to deliver an effective lesson
- create a communicative and well-ordered classroom
- provide feedback including error correction.
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of attendance. This course does not carry University of St Andrews academic credit.
Wednesday 10 May 2023 to Friday 12 May 2023 inclusive.
The standard course fee is £225 for three days. A reduced fee of £50 is available for students and staff at the University of St Andrews.