TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Three-day intensive course
We regret to announce that the TESOL three-day intensive course has been cancelled due to coronavirus disruption. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
The TESOL course introduces students to the principles of teaching English to speakers of other languages, as well as key practical tools and strategies used in the classroom.
This course is designed for:
- University of St Andrews students who plan to take an integrated year abroad as part of their studies, and who will be working as language assistants overseas.
- Students or members of the public who are interested in learning more about TESOL as a career path, and/or who are considering taking a postgraduate qualification in TESOL.
Students on this course will learn how to:
- teach young learners and adults
- utilise key practical tools and strategies to teach English
- teach speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- prepare lesson plans and materials to deliver an effective lesson
- create a communicative and well-ordered classroom
- provide feedback including error correction.
Students who successfully complete the course will be given a certificate of attendance. Please note that this course does not carry University of St Andrews academic credit.
Saturday 23 May 2020 to Monday 25 May 2020 inclusive.
The standard course fee is £225 for the full three days. However, there are partial funding opportunities for Modern Languages students and all other undergraduate students at the University.