Postgraduate taught courses in History
The School offers a number of taught postgraduate programmes. Key information about our taught postgraduate courses can be found on the degree programme pages listed below.
Taught postgraduate programmes
- Early Modern and Reformation History MLitt
- Economic and Social History MSc
- Environmental History MLitt
- Global Social and Political Thought MLitt
- Intellectual History MLitt
- Iranian Studies MLitt
- Legal and Constitutional Studies MLitt
- Mediaeval History MLitt
- Middle Eastern History MLitt
- Modern History MLitt
- Scottish Historical Studies MLitt
- The Book. History and Techniques of Analysis MLitt
- Transnational, Global and Spatial History MLitt
These programmes involve taught modules over the academic year and a final 15,000-word dissertation. Alternatively, students can instead take these programmes as a postgraduate diploma, which involves only the taught components.
Many taught postgraduate students stay on to pursue research in their chosen area, both here in St Andrews and further afield. Opportunities for further study in the School of History can be found on the School research degrees page.