About the Careers Centre
The Careers Centre’s mission is to help students understand themselves and find their place in the world. The centre educates, inspires and empowers students to equip them with the lifelong career management and enterprise skills they need to create meaningful and fulfilling careers, whatever their ambitions.
It doesn’t matter what stage you’re at in your career journey: the careers team is here to help you.
Who can access careers services
The Careers Centre offers services to:
- matriculated University of St Andrews students
- alumni of the University of St Andrews within three years of graduation. Graduates who are currently undertaking further study at another university are encouraged to use the careers service of that institution where possible.
- contract research staff.
The Careers Centre also works closely with employers and alumni to build relationships and publicise a wide variety of events and opportunities.
For more information, see our Statement of Service.
How the Careers Centre can help
The Careers Centre can help with many aspects of the career journey, including:
- exploring your career options and what makes you curious
- providing personalised advice
- finding jobs and work experience opportunities
- preparing for interview and assessment centres
- supporting you to make applications
- providing opportunities for you to improve your skills.
If you are an employer, find out more about how the Careers Centre can help you on the employers pages.
The University of St Andrews is a member of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS) and abides by the AGCAS Code of Ethics.