Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Research (MRes)
- Start date: 10 September 2018
- End date: 31 August 2019
If you started this programme in 2017, you can find information about 2017 entry on the 2017 Neuroscience MRes page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time
Undergraduate degree (typically 2.1 or higher) in a science-related subject (e.g. neuroscience, chemistry, physics, biology, psychology, computer science). Candidates with other suitable and equivalent qualifications such as relevant work experience or research accomplishments will also be considered.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Postgraduate applications for 2018 entry will open on 5 October 2017.
UK and EU: £8,500
Review of applications will take place on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes. Applications may be accepted after June 1 if places are still available, but applicants should contact the programme administrator first for advice.
- personal statement, including rationale for working with particular advisor(s) (500 words maximum)
- two letters of recommendation
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a potential advisor within the School before applying, and to provide a letter of support from this person (see contact information for all participating faculty).
- English language requirements certificate (if applicable).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.