International Foundation programmes
The International Foundation programmes at the University of St Andrews have been created for international students and are specifically designed to enable students from a wide range of countries to develop the necessary skills to meet the demands of a degree programme at the University. Not all education systems equip students for the style of study required at a British university, so a foundation programme provides excellent preparation, combining academic subjects with language development and the skill set for successful studying.
These programmes are for you if you:
- are an overseas student
- would like to attend the University of St Andrews
- have graduated from high school with excellent national academic qualifications
- need to improve your English language skills
- require to increase your knowledge of your chosen subject
- would like to improve your study skills.