International Foundation programmes
The International Foundation programmes at the University of St Andrews have been specifically designed to enable international students from a wide range of countries to develop the necessary skills to meet the demands of a degree programme at the University.
Not all education systems equip students for the style of study required at a British university, so a foundation programme provides excellent preparation, combining academic subjects with language development and the skillset for successful studying.
These programmes are for you if you:
- are an overseas student
- plan to study an undergraduate degree in the UK
- have good academic results in your national high school qualification
- need to improve your academic English language skills
- would like to improve your study skills
- want to increase your knowledge of your chosen degree subject.