Postgraduate, leading to a Scottish Master of Letters (MLitt) and a German Master of Arts (MA)
Students spend their first year at the University of Bonn, please see the Bonn web pages for course dates.
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
Two years full time
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in German Studies, English Studies or a related subject. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- Applicants must be fluent in both German and English. German applicants and those with native languages other than English will need to provide an English certificate (Level C2, TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent). See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Home: 2021 fees have not yet been set for this course. For the 2020 fees, please check the fees web page.
Additional fees may apply for study at the University of Bonn; for more information, please see the Bonn web pages.
Applications are through the University of Bonn; see the Bonn web pages for how to apply. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes.
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- certificates showing appropriate competence in English and German
- letter of intent in German or English to the German coordinators.
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.