Postgraduate; leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 9 September 2019
- End date: 30 September 2020
If you started this programme in 2018, you can find information about 2018 entry on the 2018 Artificial Intelligence page. Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time or two years part time
A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or strongly related discipline.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
English language proficiency
For direct entry to a Masters in Computer Science you will require an overall score in IELTS (Academic) of 7.0, with a minimum subscore of 6.0 or the equivalent. For alternative forms of evidence, see English language tests and qualifications. If your IELTS score is 6.0 overall with a minimum component score of 5.5, we offer combined degrees in Computer Science with English Language, an 18-month option for those who would like to start a Masters degree while continuing to consolidate their ability to use English effectively in academic contexts.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
UK and EU: £9,000
Monday 12 August 2019. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes. To maintain staff-student ratios, the School reserves the right to stop accepting applications once the programme is full.
- CV or résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date.
- Personal statement (optional).
- Two original signed academic references.
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates. Please only provide certified copies with official English translations if applicable. Do not send original documents as they cannot be returned.
- Evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.