Library support for disabled students
The Library works with Student Service in order to offer additional support and services for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to discuss the below arrangements or facilities.
Getting books and material
Where possible, the Library can adapt services in order to make accessing them easier. Some options include:
- Delivering Library items to your Halls of Residence.
- Posting out material to you (where possible and only to addresses in the United Kingdom. There may be a charge of £6.70 to cover postage costs).
- Organising for a friend or nominated person to borrow items for you.
- Leave books or other material ready for you to collect.
- Extended borrowing is available, this is arranged through Student Services.
At the moment some library spaces are unavailable, check the Library spaces page for full information, to book a workspace and for opening times.
- The Main Library, St Marys College Library West Room and the JF Allen Library have wheelchair access. There is limited access to Martyrs Kirk Research Library (the Thomson Reading Room in the Kirk is open only to postgraduate students and staff).
- The King James Library does not have wheelchair access.
- In the Main Library and JF Allen a lift is available. You need your ID card to use the lift and Student Services can organise this for you.
- In the Main Library, our Service Desk is fitted with an induction loop.
- An assistive technology room is located in the Main Library. Contact Student Services if you'd like to use this.
- Accessible toilets are available on all floors in the Main Library.
- Height-adjustable desks are available in the Main Library.
Create documents in accessible alternative formats
View the tools available to support the creation of alternative document formats as well as training and support.