Graduation normally takes place in St Andrews twice a year: in June and in December.
Future graduation ceremonies:
December 2020 graduation ceremonies
After careful consideration, the University has taken the difficult decision to cancel graduation ceremonies planned for 1 and 2 December 2020. Our duty of care to our students, their families, and our staff has informed all the decisions we have made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the Vice-Chancellor and the Deans will confer degrees virtually on 1 and 2 December 2020 (see conferral dates below).
If you are eligible to graduate this December, please see the apply to graduate page.
Virtual conferral of degrees
Degrees will be conferred by the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor and the Deans. Videos of these degree conferrals will be broadcast on the website at the dates and times below. You will be emailed a link closer to the time.
The ceremony at which your conferral will take place depends on the degree subjects you have been studying. Undergraduate degrees will be conferred alongside postgraduate degrees within the same School.
Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 10.30am
- School of Biology
- School of Computer Science
- School of Mathematics & Statistics
- School of Psychology & Neuroscience
Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 2pm
- School of Chemistry
- School of Earth & Environmental Science
- School of Economics & Finance
- School of Geography & Sustainable Development
- School of International Relations
- School of Medicine
- School of Physics & Astronomy
- MA (General)
- BSc (General)
Wednesday 2 December 2020 at 10.30am
- School of Art History
- School of Divinity
- School of English
- School of History
- School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies
Wednesday 2 December 2020 at 2pm
- School of Classics
- School of Management
- School of Modern Languages
- Graduate School for Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Education Institute
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
June 2021 graduation ceremonies – Younger Hall
These will take place in the week commencing Monday 21 June 2021. The ceremony schedule will be posted later on this year.
The class of 2020 postponed graduation will take place the week commencing 28 June 2021 (exact details to be confirmed).