Graduation normally takes place in St Andrews twice a year: in June and in December.
Future graduation ceremonies:
Summer 2021 graduation ceremonies
After careful consideration, the University has taken the difficult decision to cancel in-person graduation ceremonies planned for June 2021. Our duty of care to our students, their families, and our staff has informed all the decisions we have made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the Vice-Chancellor and the Deans will confer degrees virtually during the week beginning 28 June 2021 (see conferral dates below).
If you are eligible to graduate this summer, please see the apply to graduate page.
Virtual conferral of degrees
Degrees will be conferred by the Vice-Chancellor and the Deans. Videos of these degree conferrals will be broadcast on the website at the dates and times below. You will be emailed a link closer to the time.
The ceremony at which your conferral will take place depends on the degree subjects you have been studying. In the case of joint degrees, the subjects are listed in alphabetical order in your student record, and your degree will be conferred with the School of the subject that comes first. For example, if your subjects are International Relations and Modern History, your degree will be conferred with the School of International Relations.
Your degree certificate and HEAR documents will be physically mailed to you the week beginning 5 July 2021.
Postgraduate degrees will be conferred alongside undergraduate students within their School.
Monday 28 June 2021 at 2pm
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- BSc (General)
- MA (General)
Tuesday 29 June 2021 at 10.30am
- International Education Institute
- School of English
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
Tuesday 29 June 2021 at 2pm
- School of International Relations
- BA (International Honours)
Wednesday 30 June 2021 at 10.30am
- School of Biology
- School of Chemistry
Wednesday 30 June 2021 at 2pm
- School of Computer Science
- School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- School of Geography and Sustainable Development
Thursday 1 July 2021 at 10.30am
- School of Art History
- School of History
Thursday 1 July 2021 at 2pm
- School of Classics
- School of Divinity
- School of Modern Languages
Friday 2 July 2021 at 10.30am
- School of Management
- School of Medicine
Friday 2 July 2021 at 2pm
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Psychology and Neuroscience
November and December 2021 graduation ceremonies
We very much hope to be able to offer in-person ceremonies for the winter graduation diet. These are currently planned for Tuesday 30 November and Wednesday 1 December 2021. We will keep this under constant review, and we hope to post the ceremony schedule later on this year.
June 2022 graduation ceremonies
- 13 June 2022 - Class of 2022
- 20 June 2022 - Class of 2020 (postponed ceremonies - exact details to be confirmed)
- 27 June 2022 - Class of 2021 (postponed ceremonies - exact details to be confirmed)