Alumni of St Mary's
The School of Divinity is keen to retain contact with former students or re-connect with someone who has lost touch. If you are a graduated student and would like to stay connected, register your details.
The School publishes an annual magazine for St Mary’s alumni, In Principio, that features articles from former and current students about how they have been using their learning in diverse contexts.
The School organises an annual dinner for alumni. This is usually held in central Edinburgh and includes a guest speaker.
Alumni of the distance learning MLitt Bible and the Contemporary World also hold occasional reunions and have the opportunity for a continued research connection with the School.
The School values the role of its many alumni, scattered across the world, in:
- promoting the reputation of the College and the School of Divinity
- connecting friends of the past with friends of the present and the future
- engaging with local and academic communities in the work of the School
- connecting with alumni groups in different countries and regions
- facilitating attendance at conferences organised by the School.
Registering as an alumnus or alumna of St Mary's College keeps you up to date on:
- events such as lectures, conferences, and symposia
- information about the annual reception of Scottish universities at the Society of Biblical Literature or American Academy of Religion meetings
- how you might contribute to the academic life of the community of St Mary's, the College and its beautiful grounds.
The School is always immensely grateful when alumni contribute to the future of St Mary's College by means of a gift or legacy. Such generosity supports a range of initiatives within the College, which may include the provision of student scholarships, the purchase of books and other resources and the funding of capital projects. Find out more about how you can give to the University.