Join our Family Programme
The University of St Andrews is universally known as one of the top ranking UK universities, but what most people aren't aware of is the vital role that parents have to play in supporting this closely knit community.
Development runs a very popular Family Programme for the parents of current undergraduate students. This enables families to be part of the St Andrews community, keeps them up to date with developments at the University and provides ways they can contribute to and share in its achievements.
Parents’ Receptions 2018
Parents of incoming students for 2018 are invited to join us at our Parents’ Receptions during ‘move-in’ weekend in St Andrews. The Parents’ Receptions provide an opportunity to hear from the Principal and senior members of staff at the University and also to speak with University staff from our Academic Schools and support units.
These receptions will take place in Younger Hall (North Street) and will run from 2.00-3.00pm for the parents of new students in the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Divinity, and from 3.30-4.30pm for the parents of new students in the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Medicine.
To attend one of these receptions, please register for the Family Programme and click the link in your Family Programme registration confirmation email to register your place. If you have not received your confirmation email, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
The Family Programme is free of charge. By registering, you will automatically receive:
- membership of SPARC which entitles members of the extended St Andrews online alumni community to a range of benefits and services
- two Link newsletters per year for the families of undergraduates at the University of St Andrews
- a regular St Andrews in the News e-newsletter for alumni, friends and supporters around the world
- a printed copy of Chronicle, the annual magazine for the alumni and friends of the University
- invitations to our Parents' Receptions in St Andrews for the families of new incoming students
- access to our online Love From Home service which we run in cooperation with Fisher & Donaldson, our local baker and confectioner, to allow you to send your loved ones treats during term time.
In addition, Family Programme members also have the opportunity to:
- support student learning by contributing to the Family Book Fund which provides extra funding for the University Library to invest in much-needed resources
- volunteer to become a member of Saint Connect, the e-networking and mentoring platform exclusively for the University of St Andrews community, to help assist current students and recent graduates in achieving their career aspirations.