Undergraduate study in Chemistry
Come and join a friendly and close-knit School, consistently ranked as one of the top Chemistry departments in the UK.
Chemistry is an exciting central science interfacing with biology, physics, medicine, geology and engineering. At St Andrews, you will receive comprehensive training from world-leading academics.
The School offers a wide range of undergraduate degrees in Chemistry:
- Chemistry BSc (Hons)
- Chemistry MChem (Hons)
- Chemical Sciences BSc (Hons)
- Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry BSc (Hons)
- Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry MChem (Hons)
- Materials Chemistry BSc (Hons)
- Materials Chemistry MChem (Hons)
- Sustainable Development BSc (Hons)
- Sustainable Development MA (Hons)
All degrees feature a final year project in academic research labs. The MChem qualification provides additional opportunity for an industrial placement in your second to last year of study.
The School offers:
- a diverse range of contemporary chemistry options spanning medicinal chemistry, nanotechnology, materials, catalysis, molecular biology and surface science
- a flexible degree structure with the opportunity to specialise in materials chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- an excellent staff-to-student ratio, providing high levels of contact time with academic staff
- practical training in award-winning, state-of-the-art teaching laboratories.